Saturday 12 May 2012

CAN'T COME TO SEE YOU, MUM


I dedicate this correspondence to all those who were ‘born of a mother’, to make them appreciate more the meaning of MOTHER. Treasure her, while she is still around. Pray for her if she has gone to the Lord.

DEAR MUM I CAN’T COME TO VISIT YOU
Villa, “Spring”,                                                                                                                        Strawberry Road,                                                                                                                             Attard.

Dear Mum,                                                                                                                                      Am writing to inform you that I can’t come to visit you on Mother’s Day, because both myself and my wife, Mary have changed residence. We now occupy a spacious Villa. Both Raymond and Tanya, our children now have two rooms each; a bedroom and a study, a games room and a billiard room.   In the top floor we have three extra bedrooms, besides the garage and the basement. That is why we have not come to visit you lately, we were too busy.

Tanya has brought in a stray cat and now this cat seems much happier, because everybody appreciates the company and love of others.                                  Raymond is causing us some trouble, now that he has grown up.                      Children quickly forget all the sacrifices parents do for them. He does not appreciate our love for him.

Mum if you need anything do let us know. Don’t stay indoors, go out for short walks in the garden of the Old People’s Home. If you need any money or food let us know.
Your son,                                                                                                                                     Paul


REPLY

Old People’s Home                                                                                                                 Ward 32,

Dear Lord, Apologies for sending this letter to You, and not to my son, Paul. But, I prefer to address You, because like all mums, Lord, You have given your life, Your all, for others, without expecting anything back … except LOVE. As You well know, dear Lord, my Villa consists of three meters  by two metres, an ordinary bed, a chair, a small table, a glass and Rosary Beads.  I ask only one thing, the same room and its furnishing, in a place where I am surrounded by LOVE, even in a basement.  

 You know, Lord that even I, would appreciate the company and love , more than a stray cat does. As my son Paul said: “Children quickly forget all the sacrifices parents do for their children.”  Children can’t understand and realise before they live such experiences themselves.

Paul now lives in Villa Spring…once I was Spring itself, I was a young mum, healthy, beautiful, full of energy, smart, my eyes were full of light, sparkle and love. I used to live a daily Spring with my beloved spouse and two young children… that was a dream of love. 

I gave everything to my children, including my health, my strength and beauty…now, I am left with nothing. My gold has changed…not to silver but to greyish white.   What have my children given me in return?... three meters  by two metres, an ordinary bed, a chair, a small table, a glass and Rosary Beads.

I was once a Mum                                                                                                                                                                          Bed   no.79
MOTHERS  DAY, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment