Saturday 5 April 2014


AFTER THE BALL IS OVER

This morning as I opened my eyes I realized that I have started travelling along  the eightieth road in my life. I said walking, should I say plodding? Though, thanks be to God, I can still walk and run. And looking back at the great number of Greetings sent by well-wishers, yesterday, a number so great I could not thank each and every one. So, this is my ‘Thankgiving Message’, BUT, there are priorities.

Because as my dear late Dad used to sing in his John McCormack voice, the Song by Frances Black: ‘After the Ball is over’, many ideas cross your mind, when the water has settled down; after the Ball. I have to thank all of you, Face-book friends, my family, friends … God, above all, and many others I never knew their names. BUT, as I said, there are priorities.

All the internet friends know me through my weekly postings on the various Face-books. So, I conclude they must be following what I write. As you all know my contribution is passing on and commenting about the ‘Word of God’. That is my priority in my ‘Thanksgiving’; because that means that many are those who follow and read about the ‘Our Father’s Message’. For me that is one of the most appreciated Birthday Gifts., knowing that many are those reading and following the ‘Word’, all I can say is ‘Praised be Jesus Christ’.

In this I realise how mysterious are God’s ways; imagine HIM, using on old man, an ordinary fellow, who, certainly loves God, to spread His Message. I’m no theologian, I’m not a priest, I am a simple man, father of four children and a proud grandfather of six angels. BUT, I have received the great gift of Faith and realise how good and merciful God is. I feel indebted to Him.

So, a big ‘Thank You’ to God, who is showing us that we are all His children, that HE is our Father in Heaven, and that we are ALL responsible for the salvation of each and every one of us. For we are ALL brothers and sisters in  one universal family. DO spread the ‘Word of God’, DO spread the Message of our Father. In His message we find the answer to all our problems. DO use all means, in your daily life; wherever you happen to be, in your homes, where you live, during social meetings, parties, at the office, walks in the country, never miss a chance, to spread the Good News.

Let’s not try to gauge, to study, to search for the results, of our apostolate. Let’s trust HIM, who does everything ‘in His own good time’. May our dear Father shower us, His children, with His blessings. Thank you ALL.



No comments:

Post a Comment