Sunday 16 September 2012

"HE AND I"


YEARNING FOR GOD 2 /


April 12, 1945, in the train station at Angers.

Gabrielle:   Coming from Paris I had a seat in spite of the dense crowd.
Jesus:  "You see what great care I take of My own. Even in the tumult I draw them into solitude where the heart is on the alert to hear the Beloved. Didn't I say to them in the past, 'When I sent you out without purse or staff did you lack anything?' And they answered, 'Nothing"

Gabrielle:   'Lord, it is often l who am lacking.'
Jesus:     "For these omissions humble yourself, and don't be astonished by them. Wish to be cured of this lack of carefulness in My service. Take frequent stock not only of the value of your actions, but above all, of the value of your motive in doing them - the forthrightness of your will to glorify Me.

Perhaps if you paid attention more often to what you do for Me, you would intensify your fervor and tender­ness. You would be more faithful in the details - these precious details that can earn so much. They are the specks of goodness that fill life....You get the picture -the invisible grains of sand that make up the im­mense Sahara.

Take great care in the very little things, My Gabrielle. Say to yourself, 'They are made to the Measure of My little nature', and this thought will keep you humble.

Have you noticed how often the work of the hum­ble has to be done again? Put all your heart into it, knowing that you please Me, and since you want to live for Me, since you want to see everything in rela­tion to Me, and pattern your life after Me, then con­sider how short the time is that remains for you on earth. You can give Me glory in that time. Give it to Me unstintingly,"

From the Spiritual Journey of the Mystic Gabrielle Bossis: HE AND I



No comments:

Post a Comment