Tuesday 10 June 2014



'What's life if full of care there is no time to stop and stare'; I'm not sure if the quotation of an English poem I studied in my childhood, is correct. The gist is there. This lesson got stuck in my mind and, thank God I have always made it a point to sandwich some time in the long busy day to 'stare'. I do not mean staring in an idle way, but I mean allotting a certain time in the day when I can afford to listen in to some Classical music, the soothing, romantic type: a Chopin, Mozart, Debussy, John Field, or a sound tracks by Morriconi and Patrick Doyle. Whilst listening to this music I find it so relaxing to take a verse from the Bible, a simple sentence, and let the Holy Spirit take over completely. I feel as if I am in the seventh Heaven … though I have never been there, but St,Paul encourages me. And, if it happens that tears run down, rejoice, the Spirit has taken full control of you.

Yes we need to ‘get away‘ completely, and let the Spirit carry us atop snow-covered mountains, green hills, luscious valleys and dales. There, we are bound to meet the Lord, ‘away from the madding crowd’. This daily exercise is beneficial for our soul, mind and body.

We are bound to feel refreshed, spiritually and mentally; and the more we escape from this world, the closer we feel to HIM. So with due apologies to the poet I quoted in the first line, I would like to re-phrase the verse: ‘What’s this life if full of care we DO NOT find the time to stop and stare.’

No comments:

Post a Comment