Monday 31 December 2012



MAY YOU HAVE A BLESSED AND HAPPY NEW YEAR      2013
BUT  WHAT  AM  I  GOING  TO  WISH  YOU ?

I know what I would appreciate; that someone would wish me a simple, humble living, surrounded by my family.  I do not appreciate wealth, luxury, living in a mansion surrounded by lush greenery all round, with a household staff at my beck and call, with sumptuous, exotic food. This style of life for the coming year, makes me harbour the idea that I am my own god; I need nothing in life, I need no one, including God and His Providence … no, thank you.

I do not appreciate other wishes, like: ‘May you have good health all your life.’ Well as long as health is accompanied by ‘interior peace’, that would not be a bad idea. What is the use of having excellent physical health, to feel tip-top, but without peace of mind, never happy or contented, always in search of the world to make you happy and smile, maybe running after tranquillizers and sedatives.  No, thank you. I prefer to be a farmer living in the middle of nowhere … but happy, friends with God and neighbor, living the simple life.

PLEASE, THIS IS ALL I ASK OF YOU WHO WANT TO WISH ME WELL:
May you always be in God’s good books. May you always feel that you need God’s help and providence. May you always smile at the fact that others see Christ in you. May you use all that God gave you for all around. May, never a day pass without kneeling down and Thanking God for His Love. May you always be prepared to face the Almighty Judge as your Father and Lover. May you always have a good night’s sleep after having done all the day’s duty.
With these Wishes I am ready to embrace the New Year, 2013, come what may.

THANK YOU. I wish the same to you. God bless us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment