Friday 28 December 2012


REFLECTIONS ON THE BIRTH OF GOD–MAN
AS A BABE IN BETLEHEM

O depth of love! What heart could keep from breaking at the sight of Your greatness descending to the lowliness of our humanity? We are your image, and now by making yourself one with us, You have become our image, veiling Your eternal Divinity in the wretched cloud and dung heap of Adam.

And why? For love! You, God, became human and we have been made divine! In the name of this unspeakbele love, then, I beg you, I would force You, even,  to have mercy on Your creatures.

I am imperfect and full of darkness, yet You, perfect and lightsome, have shown me perfection and the lightsome path of Your only begotten Son’s teaching. I was dead and You revived me. I was sick and You have healed me. I was blind and You gave me light. I was mute and You gave me speech.. I was dead with leprosy of the body and soul and You made me whole.

Dear Baby Jesus, my Lord and my God! Who would not be set afire with such love?  What heart could keep from breaking? You are so madly in love with Your creatures that You could not live without us.

What could have moved You to such love? It was neither duty nor any need You have of us, we, who are sinful and wicked debtors ... ONLY love moved You. What a mad lover You are, my Lord and my God. Marvellous are the Plans of God for all humanity. My Lord and my God.



No comments:

Post a Comment