Saturday 13 October 2012


So many people avoid, and refuse to read about Death. They view it as an ugly monster… simply because they have never read St.Augustine’s beautiful thoughts about death.                                                                    This should bring tears of love to our eyes.

“Death is nothing.  It is as if I am passing over to another part; sort of hiding in the adjoining room. I remain as always, and you are always you. What we meant to each other before we still are, and remain. Call me by that same name, by which you have known me before. Do not change the tone of your voice, do not sound so solemn and sad.

Keep on laughing with what used to make you laugh, those simple things which pleased you so much when we were still together. Pray, smile, think about me! My name will remain that familiar word of once: call me without the slightest trace, shadow or sadness.

Our life still treasures all those values on which it was built, it is an on-going process that will never cease or come apart. Why should you feel absent minded, that you can’t think clearly, simply because you can’t see me ?

I am not far away from you, I am on the other side, just round the corner. Rest assured, everything will be well. My heart is still here, you will still find in it that tenderness, but, purified and  chaste.  Wipe your tears away and do not cry, if you really love me: your smile fills me with peace.”


No comments:

Post a Comment