Wednesday 10 July 2013

SEEING CHRIST IN OTHERS

When we look at a sick person or one wounded, or infected, or an immigrant, a person of a different culture from ours, of a different class or skin colour … what do we see?

If we have developed that vision of seeing Christ in the Eucharist, we will see Christ on the cross, in the different situation of others; of the sick, of the immigrants, of my neighbor, of a drug addict, etc. HE is in His faithful people who are consciously, or unconsciously suffering in union with Christ. And we all are edified by those who say: ‘Well I offer this up for my sins, for the sake of of the Church.’

Christ is suffering not only in those who have fsith, and therefore offer up their pains, BUT, also in those who do not know Him, and this is their salvation.

Christ is my neighbor, in those I love, in those I have no relation with, in each and every person. HE is building for us the ‘bridge’ which helps us cross over to the “Heavenly Jerusalem’.

No comments:

Post a Comment