Friday 7 June 2013

SWEET  MEMORIES

Rummaging through an old bookcase I came across a small notebook covered in deep green cloth. The cover itself triggered old memories, but on opening this notebook I felt transported in the years to some thirty or forty odd years, when I was still in my prime. This green notebook was my personal ‘Prayer Book’. In it I used to write down all Spiritual Thoughts that came to my head, Favourite Prayers and Quotations. These were the Prayers I used to recite every single day.  I would like to share them with you.

“Most merciful Father, I beseech Thee, through the merits of the Passion and death of Your Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, quicken Your Holy Spirit abiding in us to enlighten us and make us one with the Blessed Trinity.” Amen                                                                               This was one of the first Prayers I composed, years back.   

“The child in the womb of God means, peace in the midst of storms, security amid the trials of life, light in the darkness, hope in the face of death.”
“”O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Thy name in all the earth. When I look at the heavens, the work of Thy fingers; the stars, the moon, which Thou hast created. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Thy name in all the earth.”                     Psalm 8: 1, 3, 4.

“Father, I abandon myself to you, do with me as you will. Whatever you may do with me, I thank you. I am prepared for everything, I accept everything, provided your will is fulfilled in me, and in all creatures.                                               I ask for nothing more, my God, I place my soul in your hands, I give it to you, my God, with all the love of my heart, because I love you. And so I need to give myself , to place myself in your hands without reserve, in boundless confidence, because you are my Father.”                                                                                    Charles de Foucauld

“All highest, glorious God, cast your light into the darkness of my heart. Give me right faith, firm hope, perfect charity and profound humility with wisdom and perception, O Lord, so that I may do what is truly your holy Will.”

Prayer for Generosity
Lord, teach me to be generous, to serve you as you deserve, to give and not to count the costs, to fight and not to heed the wounds, to toil and not to seek for rest, to labour and not ask for reward, except to know, that I am doing your holy will.                                                                                                     Ignatius of  Loyola

“Lord Jesus,Christ, have mercy on me.”    Constant Interior Prayer.

“Jesus, lift up my anxieties, mould my mind and character, according to your will, make me see things as you do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment