Wednesday 21 March 2012

3. Meditations on the Passion and Death of Jesus Christ

 




Let us read, stop at times, meditate. Let each and everyone of us thank the Saviour for HE suffered all this … JUST for ME, personally.
Let us Pray:
 “We adore you O Lord and we bless you, because of your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world.”

The crowning with thorns.
From detailed scientific studies on the Shroud, Mons. Giulio Ricci, President of the Commission appointed by the Vatican, was able to deduce that the ‘crown of thorns, dressed on the head of Jesus was in the shape of a ‘bush’, a sort of cap, an oriental mitre, to fit His head.

WE have to keep in mind that this was NOT the normal procedure followed, it must have been a brainwave by one of the soldiers to kill the time. This chap must have said: “Ah, here is a king, let’s treat him as such, let us crown him and give him homage. Hail, King of the Jews”…..and that salute was followed by spitting, punching, hitting Him with the rod on His sacred head.

  the 'cranium' of the man of the Shroud, with bleeding wounds caused wtith the crowning with thorns. Mons. G. Ricci counted over 40 wounds in this part of the body.


 Unknowingly, these people were helping to make a 700 year old prophecy come true. They thought that they were making fun of Jesus. Mons. Ricci found out that this crowning caused about fifty wounds in the head, in the ‘cranium’ of Jesus.

One should stop, think and ask questions …                                                                     Why had Jesus to suffer so much for ME ?
How great was my fault, how many were my sins and misgivings, to cause Jesus to undergo all this suffering ?
I must be guilty of a great number of sins, of an infinite number, is it possible that I have knowingly offended God so much in a lifetime ?

I, now, do understand Jesus’ answer to Peter’s question as to how many times we are bound to forgive our brother.
‘Seven for seventy times’, and that in Hebrew means an infinite number. That is the true picture of my debts towards my just Father.
What does Jesus see in me, a simple creature, one of the millions in all creation?
Why am I so precious in the eyes of Jesus to make Him leave the rest of the fold and come in search of me ?

Because He has written my name on the palm of His hand, not to forget me, because I am His adopted child.
Would a lifetime of THANK YOU be enough, to pay back my debt ?


Let us Pray:
 “We adore you O Lord and we bless you, because of your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world.”                                  
Let us meditate, and think…I should have been the one to be crowned with thorns, because it is I who have committed so many sins, not Jesus.  Jesus took my place.  Do I ever stop to THANK the Lord Jesus for taking my place … whilst I keep on sinning.
Thank you, Jesus, help me to appreciate, not by paying lip service, BUT by stopping from sinning and offending YOU.                          /4

No comments:

Post a Comment